Skip to content
Dominion Voting Systems have released a statement about the internet voting slowdown which affected multiple municipalities on Election night..

Required Identification

Identification (ID) is needed when you go to vote. Remember to bring one piece of ID showing your name and qualifying Peterborough address. Your Voter Information Card cannot be used as a piece of ID.

If you do not have acceptable ID, but your name is on the voters' list you will be required to sign a Declaration of Identity to receive a ballot.

If you do not have acceptable ID, and are not on the voters' list, you will be asked to return with your ID in order to receive a ballot.

Acceptable Documents for Voter Identification

You must present 1 of the following documents showing your name and address:

  1. Ontario driver's licence
  2. Ontario Health Card (photo card)
  3. Ontario Photo Card
  4. Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
  5. Cancelled personalized cheque
  6. Mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario
  7. Insurance policy or insurance statement
  8. Loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution
  9. Document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
  10. Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government
  11. Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)
  12. Income tax assessment notice
  13. Child tax benefit statement
  14. Statement of employment insurance benefits paid T4E
  15. Statement of old age security T4A (OAS)
  16. Statement of Canada Pension Plan benefits T4A (P)
  17. Canada Pension Plan statement of contributions
  18. Statement of direct deposit for Ontario Works
  19. Statement of direct deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  20. Workplace Safety and Insurance Board statement of benefits T5007
  21. Property tax assessment
  22. Credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
  23. CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  24. Hospital card or record
  25. Document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a Post secondary institution
  26. Document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home
  27. Utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission
  28. Cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
  29. Transcript or report card from a post-secondary school